Natasha Helfer Parker leads a monthly podcast ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œbookclub styleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â with colleagues who also happen to be AASECT Certified Sex Therapists in regards to current articles, news stories, research, etc. that have to do with the Mormon community from a sex-positive perspective. This project is a co-prodcution between Mormon Mental Health Podcast and Mormon Sex Info.
Be aware that some language around the Michigan State case is graphic.
This month join Natasha and Aimee Heffernan as they discuss the following news stories & articles:
1. Josh & Lolly Weed and what they currently have to say about their mixed-orientation marriage coming to an end,
2. how Rachael Denhollander talks about the enablers within church systems as part of how abusers get protected,
3. modesty expectations for YW attending church proms in comparison to YM,
4. the Breastfeeding Protection Act going on in Utah, and
5. the types of messages given to our young members about sexuality.
Natasha Helfer Parker runs an online practice, Symmetry Solutions and writes at The Mormon Therapist for Patheos: Hosting the Conversation of Faith. She also hosts the popular podcasts, Mormon Mental Health & Mormon Sex Info and creates the sex educational resource, Sex Talk with Natasha.